JOB SEARCH SERVICES
We can help you with all aspects of the job search process.
We can help you:
- Explore career options
- Find and apply for jobs
- Learn to write resumes and cover letters
- Get priority service if you are a Veteran
- With referrals to jobs, job listings, and veteran services
- File for unemployment insurance benefits
- Receive case management, job coaching and follow-up services for eligible customers
Our training programs are provided through the multiple funding sources of our partners and the Career Works Centers in our region. Depending on eligibility and program qualifications, you may be able to take advantage of the services listed below. Contact us or stop by one of our career center locations to learn more about how we can help you get the skills you need.
- Case management & individual service plans
- Identification of training needs and coordination of training development
- In-depth assessment of interests, skills, knowledge, & goals
- Short- and long-term job readiness training
- Group and individual counseling
- Supportive services
- Access to child care & transportation services
- On-the-job training
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education and literacy
- Assistance with obtaining GED
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Funding for training and supportive services for eligible Youth, Adults and Dislocated Workers
- Counseling, training and job placement for individuals with disabilities
- Help identifying and overcoming barriers to employment
- Employment and training services for individuals age 55 and over
- Provide Trade Adjustment Assistance: help with finding employment when your employer moves out of the country.
VISIT OUR RESOURCE ROOM
The resource room is provided as a part of the funding received from the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act. The resource room is available for use by ALL citizens and employers. See available resources.
- Computers with Internet access
- Facsimile & copying services
- Space or phone/video conferencing for interviews upon request
- Phone access for details on job listings
- Posted classified ads and other job openings
- State and local business applications
- Online unemployment insurance filing
- Videos on various employment topics
- Information on Veteran Services, Trade Act Services, & the Migrant Seasonal Farm Worker Program
- Information on educational and training opportunities, & financial resources
- Information on performance measures in local area
- Economic and labor market information
- Community partners who can assist you
Services are available to eligible youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who need assistance with training or finding employment.
- Career Exploration: Help with choosing a career. What kind of work do I want?
- Career Pathway Planning: Help with determining where to start. What kind of job should I get now to get my career started?
- Individualized Assessments: Help with determining my strengths. What do I do well?
- Job Search Assessments: Help with looking for a job.
- Virginia Career Works Center Services: Help with services/supports I may need to become successfully employed
- Work Skills Certification: Help with identifying employment-related skills What employer-desired skills do I have already?
- Pre-employment Training: Help with getting an employment-related certification or license.
- Supportive Services: Help with things I need to go to work.
- Follow-Up Services: Are provided following program exit to help ensure youth succeed in employment or education.